Thursday, April 6, 2017

One step closer...

       Good afternoon everyone! Today I began to work on the voiceover with Callie. As I predicted, it did take 6 tries to get the best one, but hey it sounds like the best of the best. The tone and mood came out exactly how I imagined it so I'm pretty happy about that. I want this narrative to connect with the audience and allow them to feel emotional towards this. The point is to feel sort of sorry/upset and curious of what just happened to these characters. The goal is to make the audience create an intimate connection as the story progresses and as they try to figure out why and who ended up killing this actor they have now grown fond of as well as for the girl who they feel truly sorry for her lose. Now all I have to do this afternoon is insert it into the video, and begin to play around with the sound until it all comes out good.
       Like an old friend once said to me after walking out of a movie theater, it is never a truly great movie unless one of the main characters die or something bad happens to him or her, because if not then that connection between character and viewer won't be fully made and it won't last once the viewer is done watching the film. You want you audience to be thinking about it and finding a way to relate it to themselves even after they saw the movie and got home to do other errands.
       As I was checking my video today, I realized that I might have to do another voice over of the part when Brandon says "It was worth it" right before he gets shot, because the viewer can barely hear it if not. The thing is, the day I was filming, it was pretty windy so all you can truly hear is the wind, even when I mute most of the scene. Therefore, I think it will sound perfectly fine with me muting the whole footage and placing a voiceover.

No comments:

Post a Comment