Saturday, March 25, 2017

Let the filming Begin!

       Today I began to film at Markham Park for the "running away" scene! To start off, (although it doesn't really relate much to the project itself) I've realized that the actors I always get for my projects start off not so excited to act at all and look as if this was an obligation, but whenever I begin to start the filming process, they end up loving it and having the time of their lives. They get so excited and begin to say stuff like"Oh, what if we do this" or "Maybe we can do that" or " Damnn that looked so cool" or "Yeah, we should retake that scene". And they begin to give so many suggestions that at one point it's like, shhh it's my project buddy, hahahaha. Anyways, the filming went great, my actors had fun and I got great shots.
       However, I did have two minor obstacles in the way. First, it began to rain towards the end of the filming process. At first I thought it would look cool to have it rain in my shooting because it would help set more of the mood I was looking for since it was the moment the guy was going to die, and it's well known for it to rain in films whenever someone important dies, but turns out it would have been a struggle later. Why? Because since the dying scene has to take place in a pool, this scene was going to be shot on a separate day, and you never really know when it will rain or not. Therefore, because I have to connect two separate scenes from two different days, it would make it a bit of a problem. But yes, it would've looked really cool. Therefore, we had to retake those scenes after waiting for the rain to die out in order to make sure this wouldn't become am issue in the future.
       The second obstacle, more of a small disliking of mine, is that the scenes didn't come out as dark as I wished for it to come out. I wanted this scene to be dark so it gives it more of a suspense/thriller feel to it. Therefore I am going to have to play around with the editing with the colors to see if I can fix that problem.
Told you they were having fun ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment